Sweet Potato & Coconut Soup Recipe
If you missed out on trying our delicious Sweet Potato and Coconut soup at our Patat Restaurant last month, now you can try it right in the comfort of your own home! 😃
How to make:
3 Green Cardamom Pods 4cm Piece of Fresh Ginger
1 Onion 2 Cloves Garlic
600g Sweet Potato 2 TBS Olive Oil
400ml Coconut Cream 800ml Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- Bruise the cardamom pods and shake out the seeds, then roughly crush them with a pestle and mortar.
- Peel and chop the onion and sweet potato, peel and finely grate the ginger, then peel and crush the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a low heat. Add the onion and a small pinch of sea salt and cook for 10 minutes, or until soft and sweet, stirring often.
- Stir in the sweet potato, ginger, garlic and crushed cardamom seeds. Cook for 2 minutes, before adding the coconut milk.
- Let it simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, then stir in the stock. Cover with a lid, and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Liquidise the soup with a stick blender until smooth, then season to taste with a pinch of salt, black pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
For the health conscious here is a tip: why not add some ginger! It has a wide variety of health benefits and tastes delicious!